Monday 29 October 2012

Shopping, cooking, eating, shopping, cooking, eating ...


I used to like cooking – experimenting with new recipes and trying different ingredients – but these days it’s become a chore I wish I didn’t have to do. I’ve slipped into a rut of automatically choosing from the same limited list of easy and familiar dishes week after week.

My unfussy husband is no help.
‘What shall we have for dinner today? And tomorrow?’ I say, as I write the shopping list.
He shrugs, and makes a stab at being helpful, and I jot down the usual, boring items.      
My consolation is that I know I’m not the only person with this problem.

So, When I am Rich, I’m going to set up a food company that makes heat-and-serve ready meals with enticing names such as:
 Anything!
 Don’t Mind
 Surprise Me
 Whatever …
 You Choose!

 I’m sure it will revolutionise the eating habits of the nation. (And make me another fortune.)

Of course I’ll also employ a chef who will create a delicious but different dish for me every day!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

And when you do, sign me UP! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm in that 'cooking the same thing every week' rut. Occasionally I try something new but I'm not the world's best cook so it's often a failure! Can I share your chef when you're rich?!

Linda D said...

Of course, Sally! I'll also be inviting all my friends to dinner parties!

Unknown said...

I'm like you, Linda. Providing a meal is just another of the endless daily chores. And my hubby is just like yours too. Don't forget to invite me when you are rich. You can send a helicopter for me if you like.

Linda D said...

You're on my list, Jean!