Friday 6 April 2012

These shoes weren’t made for walking

The weather here has changed from midsummer to winter (again!) but my calendar tells me it’s spring so I spent a cold, rainy day doing my annual de-cluttering of wardrobes, cupboards and drawers.  I discovered six pairs of only-worn-once shoes that I’ll be donating to a charity shop.
 






 too high















too low




too tight






too loose






I had ‘made-to-measure shoes’ on my When I am Rich shopping list, but now I’m wondering if buying expensive shoes would actually save me some money.

How do shoes that look and feel perfect in the shop turn into crippling monstrosities as soon as I take them for a walk in the real world?   

3 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

I'm not sure if being rich enough to afford the best shoes possible would solve this problem. I am willing to spend a little more for shoes. I walk all over the store to make sure they feel good. But, as you said, step into the real world and they turn into crippling monstrosities.

Have a great weekend!

Friko said...

Would you like mine to add to your pile? I still have shoes that have pinched my feet when I bought them - many years ago - but I just can't bring myself to get rid of them. You never know, my feet might become straight and supple again, yes? Ok, maybe not.

Linda D said...

I've just added 'guaranteed comfortable, handmade shoes for SquirrelQueen and Friko' to my shopping list!