Sunday 22 April 2012

So many lovely things!

When I am Rich and looking for beautiful artworks to decorate my home, my first port of call will be the wonderful Realitas Community Arts Centre located in the pretty village of Peakirk, Cambridgeshire. This former granary is now an Aladdin’s cave packed with a huge range of arts and crafts produced by both professionals and talented amateurs.

I’d love to buy that painting, and this one, and all those … and some of this handmade jewellery, and that quirky teapot, and I can’t decide which teddy bear I like best so perhaps I’ll take half a dozen … and I’ll have some stained glass suncatchers, and a few of those delicate ceramic bowls, an assortment of candle holders (not forgetting the candles to go with them), an unusual fabric bag – or three, or four – and I love the wood carvings, the cushions, the Japanese paper bookmarks, and …

… it might be easier just to take the whole lot!

Most of the exhibits are very reasonably priced and I have bought some, mainly as presents for other people. The biggest problem is that there's simply not enough wall or shelf space in my current home for all those lovely things!       

2 comments:

Friko said...

And if you had them, you'd only need to dust them!

Linda D said...

But I'll be employing a cleaner then, Friko. (And rushing around tidying up so the place looks clean when the cleaner arrives ... Oh, dear, back to the drawing board!)