Friday 25 March 2011

Once in a pink moon



Space travel is one of the things I’d love to do when I am Rich. If I had $200,000 to spare I’d book a space flight with Virgin Galactic today! I can’t get to the moon yet, but last Saturday it was almost as though the moon had come to visit me. It was closer to Earth than it had been for the past 18 years, and I had a wonderfully clear view of it.

What surprised me most wasn’t the moon’s apparent size but its amazing colour. As it rose, it caught the last rays of the setting sun, which turned it a beautiful orangey pink. My camera couldn’t capture the exact colour my eyes were seeing but it was a sight I’ll remember for a long time – and it was all for free! 

2 comments:

Twiglet said...

It certainly made for a fab photo!!

SquirrelQueen said...

Oh wow, yours are some of the best photos I've seen of the Supermoon. It was so cloudy here that night we missed it.