Wednesday 22 June 2016

Babysitting



When I am Rich I will install a bird nursery in my lovely garden – a safe enclosure where parent birds can leave their little fledglings, and I won’t have to worry about them.

Baby house sparrow



 
Over the last few days I’ve had baby blackbirds, starlings, house sparrows, hedge sparrows, robins and goldfinches in my tiny garden.



Baby robin

I know their mums and dads won’t be too far away, but I can’t help watching them just in case a cat or magpie comes along, or they go out on to the road, or they fall off the fence and can’t fly up again …






  And I thought my babyminding days were finished!

Time for Dad to take over!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so cute aren't they, Linda? We had some baby blackbirds a few weeks ago but I haven't seen anything else since. Usually we get lots and I love seeing their fluttery wings and the parents feeding them. It's my favourite part of early summer. Thanks for sharing yours and keep up the good babysitting work!

Linda D said...

They do grow up very fast, which is probably a good thing for them.
The pair of blackbirds nesting in a neighbour's tree have successfully raised one brood and are now starting on their second. We human parents have it easy!

Unknown said...

How lovely to be able to see all these birds in your garden. We used to have lots of flying visitors when we first moved here, but the dogs and local cats eventually deterred them.

Linda D said...

Thanks for popping in, Jean. I do love dogs and cats - but not near birds!

Daisy Debs said...

Yes , I,m loving the birdies at the moment too ! The babies are just delightful ! I love your photos . Daisy Debs :) x

Linda D said...

Thanks for looking in, Debs!